How do they block noise?
SleepMuffs™ block 33dB of sound by the way they are built - no electronics or harmful waves.
There are 5 unique layers that enable SleepMuffs to comfortably and effectively reduce noise:
1. Dual fabric breathable cover - The inside of SleepMuffs is covered by a silk-like, thermo-regulating, sustainable bamboo fabric allowing you to stay cool and comfortable throughout the night. The outside of SleepMuffs is covered by a smooth, soft and more durable fabric made from recycled single-use bottles, resistant to stains and accelerated wear & tear.
2. High quality homogeneous foam - triple purpose by acting as a pillow for comfort, an ear seal and a sound wave absorber. It is made to our specific recipe so it achieves the perfect balance between comfort and durability.
3. Acoustic shell - fundamental in ensuring a proper seal and acts as a noise barrier, made from ABS.
4. Sound reducing foam - lightweight acoustic foam for maximum noise reduction.
5. Ultra soft ear seal - essential for comfort and sound minimisation.
How well do they block noise?
Our in-house experiments show that SleepMuffs™ have great sound reduction at 33 dB.
These experiments put SleepMuffs™ up against Bose's QC 25 Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) Headphones and 3M's MODEL E-A-Rsoft earplugs and the results speak for themselves.
SleepMuffs'™ rivals BOSE's QC 25s by blocking almost the same amount of sound, without any electronics.
3M's Earplugs trail behind at only 23dB of sound reduction.